Experienced Aluminium Profile Cutter
We are looking to recruit an experienced Aluminium Profile Cutter to join our dynamic team and to build a long-term career with a company that really does value their employees and become part of its ongoing success. The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in cutting aluminium to size is essential.
- Must be able to read from drawings.
- Must be able to read and understand cut optimisation.
- Find profile information and check quality of product before moving to the next stage of production.
- The ability to use and read a tape measure is vital for this role.#
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in a safe and timely manner, to the highest standards of workmanship and from within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Carry out daily pre-start checks before using equipment and regularly inspect machines for mechanical and safety issues and ensure that it is fit for purpose.
- Examine machinery production output to verify the product is acceptable to move onto the next part of the production process.
- Have a sound knowledge of systems and procedures and carry out all work in a safe manner, escalating issues and concerns to Supervisor.
- Adhere to the company’s operating standards and international regulations.
- Experience in production, packing and warehousing environments.
- The role will require the individual to multitask and be flexible in all areas of the shop floor.
- Maintain an excellent standard of housekeeping.
- Able to multi-task and be flexible in all areas of the shop floor.
- Candidates applying for this role must have previous aluminium cutting experience and have a good understanding of Health and Safety best practice guidelines.
- Accuracy with measuring is essential for this role.
- Ideally a qualification in Maths and English – must be competent in numeracy to read and understand numbers, works orders, filling records, interpret data where required.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- A commitment to safety, to themselves and colleagues.
- Attention to detail is essential in order supply our customers with high quality products.
- You will need to be prepared to carry out a large degree of manual handling.
- Manufacturing and assembly experience would be advantageous.
- The candidate must be reliable.
- Individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment to meet installation deadlines.
- Salary will depend on experience.
- Working Days Mon – Fri 7:30 am- 4:30 pm.
- Possible overtime.
- Full-time permanent role.
- This is a permanent position and the successful candidates will be starting at the earliest opportunity to meet business demands.
- Watford, Hertfordshire
- Please send your CV to email@example.com
Arkay Windows are a specialist large-scale fabricator with over 40 years experience based in North London, Watford. Through growth built on putting our customers first, we have risen to supply some of the country’s biggest retail companies, contractors and commercial installers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.