OTE £35,000-£40,000 (Basic £25,000-£28,000) per annum
Are you good with people and technical information? Do you have experience in sales or customer service?
Our team at Aspect Windows work with architects, developers and homeowners to transform homes and businesses by providing high quality glazing products, tailored to their needs and professionally installed. With a vast knowledge and experience gained over 40 years, we have become the first choice for bespoke glazing projects in Devon and Cornwall. For more information please visit our website: https://www.aspect-windows.com/
We are looking for a Sales Consultant to be part of our busy but friendly sales team.
The job is varied and will rely on self-motivation, excellent multi-tasking and organisational skills good communication skills both in writing and face-to-face or on the phone. The sales team works collaboratively without competition as our superior products mean that we don’t have to fight over leads – so you can concentrate on developing a good relationship with a diverse range of customers.
You will be based in our Exeter office, which includes a 110m2 showroom that houses over 100 products from bi-folding and lift and slide doors, to windows, roof lights and entrance doors.
Your day will include communicating with prospective clients (incoming warm leads only – no cold calling), contractors and architects, over the phone and by email. You will be responsible for the whole sales journey from managing and coordinating your sales leads, face-to-face demonstrations in our showroom, preparing quotations, and agreeing the final contract.
As long as you have an interest and natural grasp of technical information, a genuine interest in providing excellent customers service rather than hard selling, and a good attention to detail we can provide you will all of the support and training in our field so that you can progress.
At Aspect Windows we value people who are proactive, self-accountable, focus on solutions not problems and have a continuous desire to learn, grow and improve themselves and their roles. We want our team to be happy so that our customers get the best possible experience they can have. We’d love to hear from you if you think you’d fit in with our team
A competitive salary is offered depending on experience, starting from: £25,000.00, – £28,000. In addition you have the potential of achieving On Target Earnings of £10,000 and up (with no limit) from our annual bonus scheme, awarded based on sales targets.
Apply with a CV and covering letter, please.
You can find more detail of the role and what we are looking for from the job description and person specification below:
- Providing customers with excellent customer service from their first point of contact be that by appointment, walk-in or telephone.
- Presenting customers with the full product portfolio within the showroom from arranged appointments or walk-ins.
- Understanding the customer’s needs and advising on suitable products dependent on their requirements and the project location.
- Providing customers with accurate and timely quotes and variation of contracts to meet the agreed specifications.
- Ensuring that the sales targets agreed with the Sales Manager are achieved.
- Providing other departments within the company with accurate and timely information on the agreed contract or variation of contract.
Key areas of performance
The information below provides details on the key elements required for the role holder to perform effectively.
- Acts as a point-of-sale contact to all prospective customers via the showroom, telephone & email.
- Provides professional and helpful showroom & product demonstrations ensuring they meet the customers’ needs and answer their queries.
- Encourages and attends on-site sales enquiries and meetings.
- Prepares accurate quotations using sizing and specifications from architectural drawings to build a quotation as necessary.
- Ensures customers receive their quote as soon as possible from the point of agreeing their specifications.
- Effectively uses Computer Aided Design (CAD) software to provide customers with annotations of product.
- Effectively uses various software systems to build product costs
- Effectively manages and coordinates all sales leads and follows up on all quotations in order to achieve excellent customer care.
- Effectively conducts the initial administration of sales orders to allow the job file to progress to the operations and survey departments.
- As necessary, attends training courses or visits to principal suppliers and manufacturers, to ensure high levels of knowledge about the products and services offered.
- Develops a good rapport with customers
- Effectively liaises with architects, contractors and private clients to establish good working relationships.
- When necessary, attends site visits to survey and discuss suitable products and designs.
- Effectively and efficiently manages own diary for showroom and site appointments.
- Understands and regularly assess monthly targets and communicates to Sales Manager if there are any obstacles preventing the achievement of those targets.
- Accurately and comprehensively registers leads on our company database in a timely manner and keeps information updated and accurate throughout the sales journey.
- Ensures the initial administration of sales orders is accurate, comprehensive and timely to allow the job file to progress to the Survey and Operations departments without unnecessary delay or potential for errors.
- Projects a professional image to all colleagues and clients in both presentation and behavior
- Communicates effectively internally and externally
- Flexible in approach to work and accepts reasonable requests to perform other tasks within your capability
- Excellent with numbers and technical information
- Excellent sales skills
- Proficient in the use of a range of ICT
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent people management and delegation skills.
- Excellent organisational and time-keeping skills
- Able to build strong working relationships with team members
- Highly organised
- Excellent spoken (including telephone) and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Pays attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and keep on top of multiple projects.
- Quality driven
- Able to interact effectively with a diverse range of people and backgrounds
- Emotionally resilient and able to pursue completion despite set-backs.
- Has a friendly, trustworthy and professional attitude
- Ethically driven, respectful of and motivated to accommodate individual lifestyle, beliefs and norms.
- Desire and ability to solve problems and adapt quickly to change of requirements or direction.
- Proven sales experience and/or customer service experience
- Happy to work in an open-plan setting
- Able to balance informality with professionalism with clients and colleagues
- Flexible in terms of hours and attitude
- Willing and able to occasionally visit work sites which are often in rural locations.
- Willing and able to wear the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required on site at all times.
- Motivated by working to targets.
- Good working knowledge of Autocad and ability to transfer these skills to our in-house system
- Understanding of relevant legislation e.g GDPR
- Understanding of our products and supply partners.
- Conversant with the current Building Regulation and Health & Safety legislation.
- Experience in a similar industry
- Relevant administrative qualification
- Experience of purchase orders
To apply for this job please visit www.aspect-windows.com.