Outline of the Role
The role is based within the After Sales department reporting to the Office Manager. The candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating and organising the after sales enquiries in an efficient and timely manner, delivering the highest level of customer service and carrying out tasks to the highest ability. Essential skills include having excellent professional customer focused communication skills via telephone and email as well as be able to cope well under pressure and multi-task. Daily communications will be with trade, retail and business to business customers.
Candidates applying for this role must have experience working in a customer service/after sales role within a manufacturing environment. Experience working within the fenestration industry is highly desirable.
We are a large, high volume PVC and Aluminium fabricator supplying from our factory in County Durham. We have recently undergone expansion and moved to larger premises, supplying products to DIY chains, trade and direct to the public via our website and telephone. We manufacture Garden buildings, Bi-Folding Doors, Glass Roof Lanterns, uPVC, Aluminium and Composite Doors.
Details of the role would be to include the following;
- Dealing mainly with all incoming after sales issues from trade, retail and business to business customers both by telephone, email and occasionally in person.
- Dealing with delivery date chases and deliveries which need to be rearranged.
- Responsible for follow up calls and emails to ensure the customer has received a good service and to encourage feedback/reviews.
- Dealing with customer queries (training will be given) on product / technical advice
Maintaining customer files and records/CRMs for every customer contact.
- Processing of Credit Card and Cash payments from trade customers and members of the public.
- Arranging returns and refunds.
- Keeping KPIs up to date and monitoring reoccurring issues.
- Processing of customer service orders/spare parts etc.
- Providing general administration support (booking in raw material delivery notes, generating despatch notes etc).
- Packaging spare parts and arranging couriers to enable a quick turn around in the delivery to the customer.
- Helping, with all other office members, to answer incoming phone calls in the absence of the receptionist.
- Be able to organise and work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Covering other jobs in the case of holidays/absence.
- Must have worked for 2 years+ in a customer service role, ideally in manufacturing, where dealing on a daily basis with any after sales issues.
- Professional adaptable attitude and willingness to learn, develop and take on new tasks as required.
- Extremely confident with a professional calming manner in difficult situations when dealing with customers on the telephone who may be experiencing issues with their products.
- Able to take responsibility for their own work and organisation.
- Must be able to understand the importance of dealing with and solving customer issues in the quickest possible time to keep the customer informed and happy with the outcome.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Able to understand the importance of following procedures both within our company and that of our business to business customers to ensure that any feedback received is positive.
- Must have excellent organisational skills to enable all tasks to be completed in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work well as part of a team.
Good attention to detail when processing data and orders etc with the ability to follow procedures and tasks through to completion.
- Will be willing to learn how our products are manufactured and operate so that this can be relayed to customers as and when they require.
- Sound computer-based skills are essential including Microsoft Excel and Word.
Excellent numerical skills.
- The candidate must be willing to carry out a variety of tasks as and when required to help out in other departments.
- The candidate must be able to carry out tasks and work to procedures set out to them by the office manager.
- The candidate must have a good level of attendance/sickness record.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.