Design Manager/Drawing Office Manager – Dunfermline
Relentless focus on product excellence and customer experience is at the heart of everything we do, rated Excellent on Trust Pilot, we have also recently been voted the best company in the UK in our sector by consumer champion Which.co.uk
As we continue to be the very best in our market, we are now looking to recruit a Design Manager/ Drawing Office Manager to work alongside the Senior Design Manager in a busy, fast paced environment delivering building projects, Living Space extensions and renovations.
CR Smith is Scotland’s number one home improvement specialist and with over 45 years’ experience, it is an established and well-trusted household brand.
With a recent £3m investment in our state of the art manufacturing factory, we offer a full range of exclusive products, including our Lorimer range of windows, doors and bespoke Living Spaces in addition to our FIX repair and upgrade service.
As Design Manager/Drawing Office Manager we expect you to –
· Manage and lead the drawing office team in the delivery of bespoke living space information packages for statutory permissions and monitor progress, maximising performance through training, development and motivation
· Technical support in the delivery of pre-sale pricing utilising a network of consultants and suppliers.
· Oversee the design & technical coordination to ensure a timely delivery to handover.
· Produce workload and status updates for the Drawing office and wider team.
· Implement, manage and review CAD standards in the Drawing Office ensuring all CAD Technicians follow these standards.
· Contribute to the company strategy for delivery of projects and securing new work.
· Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth completion of projects
· Work closely with the Operations team to develop new and modern methods of construction
· Control of the building warrant, planning permission and completion certificate process
· Chair design team meetings
· Architecture or Construction related HND/Degree
· Member of Professional Body CIOB/RIBA/RICS (desirable)
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD (knowledge of Revit would be advantageous)
· Working knowledge of the Scottish Planning System and Technical Standards
· Innovative ideas and problem solving ability in a dynamic environment
· Strives for continuous improvement for the benefit of the company
· Excellent organisational skills and have meticulous attention to detail
· A good understanding and awareness of commerciality, budgets and contracts
· Management skills and a comprehensive technical knowledge and understanding of construction
What we offer –
· Salary £45,000 – £55,000 (Dependent on experience)
· Company Incentives
· Company Pension
· Private Healthcare
· First class training & opportunities for further development/career progression
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.