Head of Marketing – Liniar
Due to retirement, a rare opportunity has arisen for a talented Marketing leader to join award-winning manufacturer Liniar Ltd, based in Denby, Derbyshire – a subsidiary of the US-based Quanex group.
Liniar is an industry-leading PVCu extrusion company, designing and supplying a large portfolio of PVCu and aluminium profiles and products to a nationwide customer base of specialist window and door manufacturers, housebuilders, decking installers, landscapers and trade outlets.
Safety, innovation, customer service excellence, sustainability and a key focus on people and the community are the cornerstones of the Liniar brand. Liniar has achieved substantial, sustainable growth to £150M turnover over the last 10 years and is now looking to advance this to the next level by strengthening its Marketing team to support ambitious growth plans – including expanding the manufacturing footprint from 400K ft² to over 750K ft² during 2024/2025.
With a hands-on approach, you will be responsible for working with the Senior Management Team to plan and execute the company’s marketing activities, managing an in-house team and working with third parties where necessary to achieve success. The role will also be responsible for the marketing of Liniar’s important sister company, Avantek Machinery.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, with an established track record of dealing with media and PR contacts and will already have experience in senior marketing roles, bringing proven results in leading successful marketing campaigns.
The ability to obtain stakeholder buy-in and engage with other departments across the business is a must, along with the ability to manage a budget, superb communication and presentation skills and exceptional organisational skills.
– Provide direction, guidance and leadership to an in-house marketing team with various skills and expertise including digital, graphic design, media, copywriting and content creation.
– Collaborate with the Operational Senior Management Team and customers to develop insights and strategies for implementing marketing plans and ensure the Liniar brand is used correctly.
– Work with external agencies where required for website development and strategic support.
– Carry out research including competitor activity, related products and target markets.
– Set and manage the annual marketing budget and reforecast, reviewing monthly expenditure and project ROI where relevant.
– Lead a wide variety of projects including exhibitions, events, customer open days, internal events, community projects, physical/digital resource creation and stock control.
– Manage the company websites and ensure all information is accurate, up to date and SEO-friendly.
– Plan and co-ordinate marketing campaigns to support the business strategy, evaluating success and communicating the results internally to all stakeholders.
– Ensure all external and internal communication is on brand, including tone of voice, imagery and messaging.
– Maintain regular contact and build relationships with members of the industry trade press to ensure measurable coverage of press releases and news.
– Ensure regular, relevant and accurate customer communication is maintained through email campaigns and ad-hoc liaison.
– Lead and promote internal communication through the use of newsletters, videos, announcements, social media and other channels.
– Lead the Company’s award targeting strategy, identifying opportunities and co-ordinating the entry requirements to win.
– Ensure any data gathered is GDPR-compliant and lists are built and maintained for relevant audience targeting – both customers and prospects.
-At least 5-10 years’ experience in senior marketing roles with proven results in leading successful marketing campaigns within a B2B environment. B2C experience would be an advantage but not essential, as would glazing/fenestration industry experience.
– Excellent leadership, management and decision-making skills.
– Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
– Must be able to multi-task and work well under pressure, with a hands-on approach.
– Excellent organisational and/or project management skills.
– Sets high standards at all times and is willing to challenge the status quo.
– A degree-level qualification in Marketing (e.g. CIM Professional Diploma), along with evidence of Continuous Professional Development (e.g Chartered Marketer status).
You will receive a highly competitive salary and associated benefits, together with life insurance, access to a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme and Salary Extras scheme as well as free on-site car parking.
Liniar takes pride in its employees and people, is an equal opportunities employer and is fully committed to diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.