Trainee Technical Services Engineer
Liniar Ltd is an industry leading and award-winning PVCu extrusion company based in Derbyshire, supplying a large portfolio of PVCu and Aluminium profiles and products to a UK wide customer base of window and door manufacturers.
Innovation, customer service excellence, and a key focus on people and the community are the cornerstones of our business. We are now looking to further expand our Technical Services team by introducing the exciting new role of Trainee Technical Services Engineer. This role is based primarily in the South of the UK and the successful candidate must be willing to travel.
The role offers an unrivalled opportunity for a customer-facing, technical support career with full training, a company vehicle and excellent progression opportunities with one of the UK’s most successful specialist manufacturing companies.
The focus of the role is to provide technical support to key stakeholders internally as well as providing excellent customer service to a varied client base. Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, full training will be given through both a concise in-house training and a field-based mentoring programme.
You will be trained in all aspects of becoming a fenestration Technical Services Engineer, starting with being based at Liniar HQ in Derbyshire for the first 3 months. This initial period will involve gaining detailed knowledge of Liniar as a business, its values and ethos, along with an in-depth technical knowledge of the entire Liniar product range.
Once this initial phase is completed, you will move to a predominantly field-based role in the Southern region of the UK where you will be taking a hands-on approach to your training through a mentoring programme and by working alongside existing Liniar Senior Engineers. There will be a requirement for further periodic in-house training as required in order to fully complete the robust training programme and stay updated with the latest new product developments.
The training programme will include critical tasks such as assisting the conversion of customer factories and machinery in order to manufacture Liniar’s product range; carrying out Liniar specific product training to customers; undertaking site and homeowner service or support visits; and many more responsibilities that this technical role demands.
External training courses will be available and provided as and when deemed to be required. Once fully trained, you will be responsible for managing your own customer base and area. You will also be provided with the resources and support to fulfil the role at every step of the way.
This role requires a dynamic multi-faceted person, who will be self-driven with a customer focused can-do attitude and the ability to adapt to a variety of situations. An honest, trustworthy, and confident personality is essential.
Whilst experience is not necessarily required, the role would ideally be suited to someone with post-apprentice/postgraduate qualifications in an engineering or construction background or someone already working within the fenestration industry looking to further their career.
· Must hold full UK driving licence
· Must be willing to spend initial three-month period at Liniar’s HQ in Derbyshire
· Must be willing to relocate to customer-base area after completion of in-house training (South of the UK)
· Must be able to work from home from time to time
· Must be adaptable and flexible and have excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
· Must be able to work both on your own initiative and within a team
· Must display a positive attitude to learning and developing new skills
· Must demonstrate and deliver an excellent customer service ethos
· Minimum GCSE Maths & English Grade C / 7
· Some Fenestration knowledge (i.e. window fabrication, installation etc).
· Construction or engineering background
· Industry-related qualifications
· Remuneration package to include company vehicle, mobile phone, laptop, and salary reflective of experience
· Long-term career progression path
· In-House and external training
· Company pension
· ‘Death in service’ life insurance of three times salary
· Salary Extras discounts and Employee Assistance Programme
Liniar takes pride in its employees and people, is an equal opportunities employer and is fully committed to diversity and inclusion.
If you wish to apply for the role, please send a cover letter and a copy of your up-to-date CV to the HR Department at HR@Liniar.co.uk.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@Liniar.co.uk.