Fenestration & Builders Merchant recruitment specialists
MacGregor Recruitment are recruiting for a General Manager on behalf of our client who are a fabricator and installer of aluminium doors, windows and curtain walls for the commercial sector. They also provide maintenance service for automatic doors to well known branded customers.
Under new ownership, this well respected and established business has ambitious plans to triple in size in 4 years by organic growth. The company will also make synergistic acquisitions. The General Manager is a key member of the experienced senior team and will contribute to all parts of the growth plan.
You will have responsibility for all aspects of the business including H&S, financials, fabrication, installation, maintenance services, marketing and sales, ensuring that all standards of quality, costs and delivery are achieved. You will;
- Ensure that the workplace is a health and safety compliant environment at all times
- Coach and manage the management team to increase performance across all areas, based on continuous improvement
- Develop a positive and supportive culture, where everyone feels valued and where great performance is rewarded
- Define and implement business KPIs to monitor operational success
- Develop and implement a plan for manufacturing, installation and service capacity in order to maximise performance and meet projected growth targets
- Assist with sales and marketing
- Manage financials (P&L, balance sheet, CF forecast and budgets)
- Co-build and successfuly implement the quarterly strategic roadmap with the board
- Recruit and help develop the team as the business scales up
Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience at a General Manager or at a senior business leadership role
- Strong construction contract management experience, ideally with service agreement experience
- Ideally, previous experience in the commercial aluminium fenestration sector
- Experience of operational improvements and the achievement of profitable business growth
- Customer focused with a strong emphasis on ‘safety first’, quality and cost management
- A team builder and coach, open minded, approachable, and interested in driving improvements through data, systems and technology
- Demonstrable experience of sustaining lean and continuous improvement is highly advantageous
Up to £70k base salary plus and up to £20k annual bonus. An additional £50k bonus on achieving a key milestone
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.