We are currently recruiting for a Product Design Engineer who can plan and coordinate product development activities for a company based near Livingston who design, manufacture, install and distribute rooflights, overhead roof glazing and bespoke daylighting solutions.
The main duties of the role are to develop best practices to optimise product development procedures. These include but are not limited to; design stage gate process, drawing office controls and engineering the change process. You will Identify areas of improvements and concerns and recommend product improvements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Developing manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by designing and conducting studies; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials and soliciting observations from operators.
- Provide project status updates to management on monthly basis.
- Provide and support with training and maintain training materials for new product development.
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
The ideal candidate will hold an Engineering degree in either product design or mechanical design and have in depth knowledge of 3D CAD.
If you would like further information, or to apply please contact Chase Taylor Recruitment quoting reference MM3023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.