We are working with an award-winning fenestration fabricator / manufacturer of looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager to join a busy fabricator of UPVC Windows and Doors, based in West Yorkshire.
The role will entail:
- To forecast levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels;
- To conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, reliability, quality and delivery schedules;
- To liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers;
- To identify potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers and building and maintaining good relationships with them;
- To negotiate and agree contracts and monitor their progress, checking the quality of service provided;
- To ensure the processing and checking of supplier invoices and match with the relevant purchase order and prices;
- To review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- To maintain records of goods ordered and received;
- To oversee the preparation and processing of requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment;
- To develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures;
- To participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials;
- To forecast price trends and their impact on future business activities;
- To control the purchasing department budget;
- To develop and deliver presentations about market analysis and possible growth;
- To develop the organisation’s purchasing strategy;
- To produce reports and statistics using computer software;
- To evaluate bids and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- To ensure suppliers are aware of business objectives;
- To attend relevant meetings and trade conferences to learn about new industry trends and make contacts with suppliers.
- To develop the purchasing department vision, values and objectives aligning these with the company objectives and agreeing KPI’s
The ideal candidate would have experience performing this role within another fenestration business.
For the full job specification and details on package, please contact Guy Hobson quoting reference MM2041.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.