One of the UK’s leading established sealed unit manufacturers have an exciting opportunity for an experienced SHEQ Manager looking for their next challenge.
Based near Burnley, you will be responsible for overseeing the Safety and Quality operation of the manufacturing department. We are looking for somebody to ensure the health, safety, and quality system arrangements meet the requirements of the company, customers, and legal obligations. You will be responsible for making sure that that policies are implemented and maintained across company operations whilst working with costs constraints with a focus on cost of quality.
This role reports directly to the Managing Director and as such you must be a clear communicator and be confident in delivering your solutions on things. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Determine the strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of the Factory and Sites SHEQ management programme and systems
- Establish and maintain processes and procedures to identify, assess, and mitigate risks related to safety, health, environment, and quality.
- Work to achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plans
- Monitor and analyse SHEQ performance metrics and trends to identify areas for improvement and recommend appropriate corrective actions
- Provide guidance and support to operational teams in implementing and maintaining SHEQ best practices
- Coordinate and lead investigations into incidents, accidents, and near misses, and develop corrective and preventive measures to minimize reoccurrence
- Produce reports outlining results and explanations for failures against budget, KPIs and other objectives as required.
- Conduct regular audits and inspections to assess compliance with SHEQ standards, identify areas for improvement, and develop action plans to address any deficiencies
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and regulatory changes in the telecommunications sector, and proactively integrate them into the SHEQ management system
- Liaise with external stakeholders, including regulatory agencies, clients, and suppliers, to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and industry standards
- Champion a culture of safety, quality, and continuous improvement, fostering employee engagement and participation in SHEQ initiatives
- Facilitate all forms of risk assessment e.g. general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others on site
For more information or to apply for this role please contact Guy Hobson quoting reference MM3425.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.