Attention Glazing Installers! The time has come to add another installation team to our team.
We are proud to say that Spectrum Architectural Glazing are the longest serving Internorm and Kastrup dealers and one of the longest serving Solarlux dealers in the UK. We probably have the largest showroom with high-end glazing in the UK and an Industry leading web site. We work on some of the most prestigious homes in the country.
Forgive the cheese but it has always been about high end glazing, customers first and delivering a cracking service… which seems to be working and we are going from strength to strength!
The installation team will be working very closely – and pretty damn hard – with our other install teams, project managers and surveyors. Installation is such an important part of what we do that means it deserves someone awesome. You would almost have to imagine that it is your own business, that’s how much you would have to care!
The list of things you would be involved in is way to big to list, but we will still try in a bit (see list at the bottom of the ad). We should also point out that the list is in no way finite as we all listen to and like ideas that can improve what we do.
What’s most important of all is that when you just read the blurb above you got massively excited about the prospect of joining us. You should now be ready to down tools immediately (actually best wait until you have an interview) so you can join us here at Spectrum Architectural Glazing.
If it’s a maybe, cause we sound like we are “ok” then we are not for you and you are not for us but if you truly want to work on some fantastic stuff then this is the role for you.
The role is full time and finding the right team is the most important part. Salary is dependent on experience and obviously hours. We could waffle on at this point about being a self-starter and highly motivated (as if you would admit you weren’t) But let’s just get to the point and list what you will be involved in and some of the attributes we would like you to have.
Stuff you will be involved in:
- Precision installation of high-end windows and doors, sometimes to Passivhaus standard.
- Precision installation of glass extensions and wintergardens
- Reading and understanding the installation package
- Measuring PPC aluminium cills
- Attending training courses
- Using lifting equipment (glazing robot, crane and vacuum lifter)
- Working and staying away for jobs too far to travel
- Dealing with the end customer or builder on site
And sooo much more.
Sort of excited? Then its not for you. Really excited?? Then get in touch fast.
Ideal candidate team:
- You must be switched on
- Be obsessive about detail
- Have a good sense of humour and impeccable manners
- Be able to get out of bed in the morning
- Love to be proud of what you do
- Someone who sighs when colleagues say “its 5pm, I’m off”
- Someone who doesn’t buy their tools from Argos
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.