Company: Caldwell Hardware UK
Job Position: Production Manager
Caldwell Hardware (UK) Ltd is seeking a proactive and energetic Production Manager to join our team in Coventry.
Why work for us?
We are the UK premier supplier for window and door hardware, providing bespoke solutions for domestic, commercial and social projects. American owned, we have continually innovated and pushed the boundaries of what our products can do since 1888 and are now a world leader in the window market.
We offer a friendly working environment and a team which works hard to make our business the best it can be. With colleagues who are like-minded and eager to achieve, all we need now is your expertise to help us get there!
To lead the Factory Focus Team, comprising all production section leads and support functions
To have responsibility for all shop floor manufacturing activities of the business.
At all times vigorously maintain a safe working environment.
To ensure that the production facility delivers product on time, and to the required quality levels.
To lead, develop and co-ordinate an integrated Factory Focus Team of Production Supervisors and operational support professionals into a cohesive and dynamic group.
To initiate and maintain a culture of continuous improvement and 5S.
Duties and responsibilities
• Hold safety as priority number one, with no compromises.
• Uphold the Caldwell Values, consistently displaying the behaviours that underlay them.
• To establish, and maintain Labour content at the optimum level
• Drive the improvement and maintenance of quality standards ensuring compliance with the Quality Management System.
• To identify, introduce and maintain training plans and records.
• To ensure that production methods and allocated timings are correct and updated as required.
• To ensure that all equipment and tooling is well maintained and in a safe working condition.
• To promote and lead a culture of Continuous Improvement challenging and upgrading current working methods to achieve greater productivity.
• Provide development support and deploy performance management processes throughout the team.
• To monitor, oversee and action discipline within the departments in conjunction with Human Resources.
• Responsible for the Facilities and Maintenance function of the operation. This includes adhering to and developing the planned maintenance programme, site development and security.
• To carry out any other reasonable requests as and when required.
• The role requires an experienced and rounded Operational Management professional.
• Proficiency in Production Engineering, Quality systems, Problem Solving, Continuous Improvement and Shop Floor Management.
• A leader by example, who can motivate, coach and mentor, engendering commitment and spirit.
• Must be a team player and a leader, able to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Must be computer literate and competent.
13:30pm finish on Fridays
25 days holiday plus statutory
Private Medical Insurance
So if you think this opportunity is exactly the kind of challenge you’ve been looking for, submit your CV now!
Vacancy: full time
Email address: email@example.com
Phone: 0247 6437907