This is a statement from REHAU with regards to the ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine and their operations in Russia:
We have seen the development of the crisis and the suffering of the people in Ukraine with shock and great concern. As a company that operates in Ukraine, as well as in Russia and Belarus, we emphasize our position:
- We strongly condemn the attack on Ukraine and its people.
- It is a war against humanity, the freedom of all of us and peace in Europe.
- And thus against the values for which we as a REHAU Group stand with all our subgroups.
We have decided to suspend our operations in Russia and Belarus until further notice.
Russia in particular, where we have been present for many years, is an important market for us. We hope that the situation will soon change in such a way that we can resume our activities in both countries.
Our priority now is the safety of our colleagues and their families in Ukraine and those that are leaving the country. We began preparing possible contingency plans some time ago. Concrete help is underway at various levels:
- Via the emergency aid fund “Family for Families”, which has been endowed by the company with a significant sum to provide immediate assistance, but also to support reconstruction later on.
- Via the crisis taskforce, which coordinates support for our team in Ukraine, but also for the people fleeing. We are in constant contact with the local management for this.
- And via an account we have set up for donations from our 20,000 employees worldwide.
We hope for a peaceful outcome and our thoughts remain with everyone affected by the conflict.
View the original article here: https://www.rehau.com/uk-en/rehau-group-suspends-operations-in-russia
The decision by REHAU to halt operations is in line with hundreds of other major European and global businesses that have taken the decision to stop their business in Russia as well as Belarus. As the conflict drags on and the pressure continues to build on Russia via sanctions and corporate deliberations, more will likely follow.
To get weekly updates from DGB sent to your inbox, enter your email address in the space below to subscribe:
By subscribing you agree to DGB sending you weekly email updates with all published content on this website, as well as any major updates to the services being run on DGB. Your data is never passed on to third parties or used by external advertising companies. Your data is protected and stored on secure servers run by Fivenines UK Ltd.