The IQ Glass Group require a new team member to join our Logistics team to assist in the delivery of our high value glazing products and construction components.
The role will be fully supported by our warehouse manager and contracts management teams.
REPORTING TO the Warehouse Manager
• Proactively plan your weekly delivery schedule in advance.
• Look at any repeat visits and liaise with the warehouse and project management team to streamline your travel for collections and deliveries.
• Check the schedule for any timed delivery requirements (such as large sites where we have a certain window for deliveries) and plan your deliveries accordingly.
• Take note of notices on schedule deliveries such as ‘1st Drop’ or ‘2nd Drop’ to manage daily priorities.
• Plan your daily route keeping in mind any timed deliveries, priority drops and return time to the warehouse.
• Check your delivery schedule the day before to adjust your plan for any last-minute changes.
• Ensure vehicles are back in the warehouse at the end of the day in time to load up for the morning deliveries.
• Look ahead at the weekly delivery schedule and details to foresee any delivery problems. Flag all problems up to the project manager and warehouse.
• Understand the loading capacity of your vehicle and liaise with the project manager and warehouse to solve any issues.
Delivery Quality Checks
• Conduct high level checks on loads to ensure all correct items are in transit.
• Check all paperwork for collections from suppliers to ensure that correct items have been loaded.
• Ensure vehicle is loaded correctly and safely for all deliveries.
• To drive safely and legally, in line with our driving policy at all times.
• Conduct weekly vehicle inspections.
• Send weekly reports to the fleet manager using our online system to report on vehicle condition.
• Report any vehicle issues to the fleet manager.
• Manually handling of items for delivery or collection.
• Assist with offloading on site.
• Assist with offloading and loading at suppliers or warehouse locations.
• Assist warehouse team with moving and loading where required.
You will be provided with full internal and external support throughout your role at IQ. Successful hires will have support and resources to progress their knowledge and progress within the company.
Main Location: Our main warehouse in Amersham
Must have a full valid UK driving licence for the flatbed truck & meet our minimum insurance age which is 25.
Hours: Full Time, Monday – Friday, 45 hrs per week. Typical start time is 6.30am although this is required to be flexible depending on daily time requirements. Overtime may be required to meet the varying delivery schedules.
Salary: TBC depending on experience. Opportunities for overtime available.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18,596.00-£28,000.00 per year
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.