This week has certainly seen some extremes in our weather. From the hottest day since 2006 to violent thunderstorms you only normally see in more tropical climates around the world. And it was these thunderstorms which saw many lightning strikes hit the UK homes, and in a lot of unfortunate cases, cause many fires.
We normally tend to think of fires being spread from the inside of a property, caused by faulty electrics or household accidents. But it is also the weather, when extreme enough, that can also pose a risk to property and life. Though the nature if out of our control, there are things we can do and products we can fit to ensure that safety and life is given it’s best chance possible.
UAP, one of the UK’s leading locks and door hardware stockists and specialists, have developed a vital and high quality fire check range of products that, God forbid, will stand the heat and hold up against fire for 60 minutes.
- Conform to BS/EN 1374:2002
- Non heat absorbing washers are used to hold the attaching metal fixings to stop heat transfer from the metal plate to the surrounding door.
- Framemaster – MPSS, Gold Anodised, Black Powder Coat, White Powder Coat, Satin Silver Anodised and PVD Gold
- Stainless Steel (Nanocoast) – PVD Gold and MPSS
- All Aluminium – Black flap and frame, Gold Anodised, White flap and frame, Silver anodised flap and frame
Architectural Door Closer
- 2 Valve adjustment to incorporate closing and latching speeds
- Universal applications – none handed for standard door jamb
- Parallel or corner bracket fit and installation
- Size 3 (parallel arm bracket included)
- Meets EN 1154 1996 +A1 2002
- Meets EN 1634 FD Timber/FD 240 Steel
- Comply with DHF TS 02:2009 standards
- Secure by design
- Fire Check Viewer, 180 degree view – Satin Chrome, Brass and Chrome finishes
- Secure to view, Ultra wide angle – gold and silver finishes