You don’t need me to tell you how much the world, and even our own industry now, relies on the internet. Well, unless you’ve been living in a cave for the last 20 years. So, I’ve been scanning the lovely online world to compile some of the most interesting and massive stats to demonstrate the aforementioned reliance. Here we go…
- There are over 2.1 BILLION internet users across the world
- According to Bing, there are over 1 TRILLION web pages on the internet – roughly 150 pages per person on the earth!
- In 2010, there were 234 million websites, of that, 126 million sites are BLOGS. Including this one!
- There are over 90 TRILLION emails sent every year – that’s 30 MILLION emails every day!
- 97% of people now use online media when searching for products or services in their local area.
- More than 131 BILLION searches are carried out online every year – 2.9 MILLION searches every minute!
- There are over 900 MILLION Facebook users.
- There are 600 MILLION Twitter accounts.
- By 2013, internet sales worldwide are expected to be just short of $200 BILLION.
- Of the 294 BILLION emails sent every day, 81% are SPAM.
- 37.4 TRILLION web pages viewed per year!
- 25 BILLION tweets sent in 2010
- More video has been added to YouTube in 60 days than three major US networks created in 60 years!
Those are some MASSIVE numbers. They show that clearly the world is very much wired to be totally dependent on the internet now. Can you imagine going back to a world where people wrote letters to businesses?
I wonder how many of those emails are double glazing related?